The March 2018 meeting of the Wichita Falls HR Management Association (WFHRMA) will be:
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
11:45 AM to 1:00 PM
(Please note the location for this month's meeting)
**** 3711 Maplewood Ave ****
Platinum Circle Room of American National Bank
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
As always, lunch will be provided.
The cost is $10 for members and FREE for first time guests! Guests joining us after their first visit will be charged $15 for lunch.
Guest Speaker: Penny Miller, SHRM-CP, SPHR, CEBS and First Step
Topic: Domestic Violence and the Workplace
- Understand the employer's responsibility to safeguard against workplace violence
- Know why domestic violence is an important issue in our community and to employers
- Know the resources available in our community for referral
- Know some basic safeguards employers can put into place to protect their employees from workplace violence, with a focus on domestic violence
- Understand some basic crisis response measures if workplace violence occurs
Speaker Biography: Penny Miller, SPHR, SHRM-CP, CEBS, was a career military officer in the United States Air Force. Since her "retirement" from the military, Penny has worked in executive search, corporate HR and for the past 10 years, as an HR consultant with her own company, MY HR DEPARTMENT. Penny has a Masters Degree in Management and is an adjunct professor, teaching management and HR courses for Midwestern State University and Wayland Baptist University. Penny has over 35 years’ experience in Human Resources. In her current role, she provides HR consulting, training, leadership coaching and mediation services to organizations of all sizes.
RSVP no later than noon Friday, March 9, 2018.
A reservation made is a reservation paid unless cancelled before noon on the Friday before the event.